Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Zoey Scarf

This is a scarf I've been wanting to make since I walked into my local knitting store and saw it. However, it is the most advanced scarf I have ever made and I needed to warm up to it a bit. This is my tenth scarf.
I had to use three needles for this. I had to buy yarn to get this pattern, but I will give this to you here. 
I used thicker yarn for this pattern (I'm not sure of the weight, but the wrapping suggesting using size US 11 needles with it). For this particular pattern, I used size US 13 needles with a larger cable needle. I needed approximately 100 yards of yarn for this pattern.

 Abbreviations:
K: Knit
CN: Cable Needle

Cast On = any multiple of 4 + 2
I cast on 14 sts (I like a thinner scarf)

Using size 3 light weight yarn, use size US 9 needles
Using worsted weight yarn, use size US 10 needles
My yarn called for size US 11 needles, so I used size US 13 needles

Pattern Stitch:
Row 1: Knit
Row 2 and all even numbered rows: Purl
Row 3: *Work right crossover on 2 sts as follows: slip 2 sts on to sn and hold in back of work, K2, K2 from cn*; repeat from *to*, ending K last 2 sts
Row 5: K2, *work left crossover on 4 sts as follows: slip 2 cn and hold in front of work, K2, K2 from cn*; repeat from *to*.
Repeat rows 3 through 6 for this pattern.

The end of my scarf belled-out quite a bit and I had to sew it thinner. I recommend not ending in a knit or purl row, but ending with row 3 or 5 then casting off.


No comments:

Post a Comment