Sunday, March 14, 2010

Zoey Scarf

This is my thirteenth scarf. This is a scarf I've been wanting to make since I walked into my local knitting store and saw it.
I had to use three needles for this (including a cable needle).
I used thicker yarn for this pattern (I'm not sure of the weight, but the wrapping suggesting using size US 11 needles with it). For this particular pattern, I used size US 13 needles with a larger cable needle. I needed approximately 110 yards of yarn for this pattern.

 Abbreviations:
K: Knit
CN: Cable Needle

Cast On = any multiple of 4 + 2
I cast on 14 sts (I like a thinner scarf)

Using size 3 light weight yarn, use size US 9 needles
Using worsted weight yarn, use size US 10 needles
My yarn called for size US 11 needles, so I used size US 13 needles

Pattern Stitch:
Row 1: Knit
Row 2 and all even numbered rows: Purl
Row 3: *Work right crossover on 2 sts as follows: slip 2 sts on to sn and hold in back of work, K2, K2 from cn*; repeat from *to*, ending K last 2 sts
Row 5: K2, *work left crossover on 4 sts as follows: slip 2 cn and hold in front of work, K2, K2 from cn*; repeat from *to*.
Repeat rows 3 through 6 for this pattern.

It is very important to end on a row where a cable needle was used (row 3 or 5) before casting off... otherwise the end of the scarf will bell outward.

4 comments:

  1. i'm amazed at how much work you put into these! where'd the name for this come from, hmmm??? and it looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I would love to say I named this scarf after Zoey the cat, but the pattern was already named Zoey when I bought it. However, maybe that's why I like it so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this scarf! I saw it in a knitting shop in Cheapeake City already made. The shop was out of the pattern and I have been trying to find it ever since. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's amazing! i'm glad i could help!!

    ReplyDelete