Monday, January 25, 2010

Vertical Striped Scarf (Made w Circular Needles)

This is my eighth scarf.
Basically, I had a lot of scrap yarn to make a scarf with and didn't want to knit horizontally in blocks of colors. So, I used circular needles to created a vertical striped scarf. This was my first try and circular needles and I had no idea how much to cast on. I must of cast on at least 400 times! ...This scarf is about 30 feet long, maybe more!
I wear it by folding it in half and then folding it in half again before putting it around my neck. It actually works out well for when it's really cold out. Tip to newcomers of circular needles: casting on about 200 times with size US 11 needles is appropriate. I have heard 150-175, but I like my scarves a little bit on the longer side. Your choice.


No comments:

Post a Comment